And here we go again! We're proud to announce the new version of Smuxi, release
0.9 "The Fix". During the development, 19 bug reports and
10 feature requests in 235 commits were worked on making
this release a major feature and bugfix release.
Notable highlights in this release are:
Enhanced User Interface
Text Frontend Enhancements
- Topic Support: channels are now showing the topic (Ondrej Hošek)
- Line Wrapping: messages longer than the terminal width are now
properly wrapped into multiple lines (Ondrej Hošek)
- Message/Nick Colors: Nick names and also messages are now shown with
their colors, giving a much improved experience.
- OpenBSD Support: The STFL frontend now runs on OpenBSD.
JabbR (Beta) Support
- SignalR's JabbR Support: As if IRC, Twitter, XMPP, and Campfire
weren't enough Smuxi is now capable of talking with SignalR's famous
JabbR web chat. If you are looking for support for SignalR,
ASP.NET MVC, NancyFx, EntityFramework, NuGet, RavenDB or just a real modern
and cool web chat? Then this is the right place for you!
- Included Features:
- Join rooms (/join)
- Listing available rooms (/list)
- Nickname completion
- Highlight of own nickname and user defined highlight words
- Sending/receiving public and private messages
- Twitter v1.1: Twitter removed their v1 API on the 11 June which
broke Smuxi and many other Twitter applications. Smuxi works with Twitter
again after updating it to the v1.1 API.
XMPP (Beta) Enhacenments
- XMPP/Jabber Contacts
- Contacts can be renamed from the context menu
- XMPP Rewrite (Oliver Schneider)
- Added favicon mappings of famous Jabber servers: jabber.org, jabber.de,
jabber.at, jabber.ccc.de and jabber.gmx.net
- passive channel sync: Smuxi no longer needs to send WHO requests for
users that join channels. Not only this improves the speed of joining
channels drastically, this also prevents potential WHO floods when the
infamous netsplits occur.
- UTF-8 recode: Messages containing UTF-8 or your fallback encoding will
automatically be recoded when needed. (Ondrej Hošek)
- channel usermodes: Owner, Half-Op and Admin modes are now supported.
Smuxi should now be in your language, including:
- Initial complete Portuguese (Brazil) (Leonardo Pires Felix)
- Initial complete Finnish (Kalle Kaitala)
- French (Clément Bourgeois)
- Czech (Ondřej Hošek)
- Chinese Simp (Dean Lee)
- Swedish (Jimmie Elvenmark)
- Danish (Joe Hansen)
- German (Bianca Mix)
Behind the Scenes
- Mono 3.0 Support: This version builds and runs fine on the latest versions of
Contributors to this release are the following people:
- Mirco Bauer (193 commits)
- Oliver Schneider (59 commits)
- Ondřej Hošek (13 commits, translations)
- Jason Papakostas (2 commits)
- Carlos Martín Nieto (1 commit)
- Andrés G. Aragoneses (1 commit)
- George Karavasilev (artwork)
- Leonardo Pires Felix (translations)
- Kalle Kaitala (translations)
- Joe Hansen (translations)
- Jimmie Elvenmark (translations)
- Dean Lee (translations)
- Clément Bourgeois (translations)
- Bianca Mix (translations)
Thank you very much for your contributions to Smuxi!
Want this? Go here and grab it right now!